04 octobre 2015

7 facons de se brosser les dents


J'ai trouve ce texte (en anglais) sur le brossage de  dents avec des enfants.
Je le trouve honnete et assez realiste.

Je vous le partage, puisqu'on est pas mal dans le theme des dents!

 

When we first brought our daughter home from the hospital, I knew things wouldn't always be easy, but I never anticipated I'd struggle with something as simple as getting a toothbrush into her mouth. Thankfully, I've come up with 7 easy and effective tooth-brushing tips for toddlers and our tooth-brushing struggles are a thing of the path. I highly recommend #s 2 and 4, but please do not try #5!

1. LET HER PICK HER OWN TOOTHBRUSH
Did you let her pick out the toothbrush and toothpaste? My daughter finally relented when it was a Cinderella toothbrush.

2. TAKE TURNS!
Let her brush yours if you can brush hers.
My daughter is 27 months. I brush my teeth while she uses her own brush, then we switch…..she brushes mine with my brush, I brush hers with her brush.

3. WARM HER UP TO THE IDEA SLOWLY
If it’s the brush they don’t like let them play with an extra one so they don’t fear it. They can brush dolls or trucks to clean them. Also, you can put something on their toothbrush they like (even if it’s not the healthiest) just to get them used to the brush in their mouth and slowly switch to toothpaste. You will still have to clean it with the cloth afterward until they get use to the brush.

4. MAKE IT FUN!
My daughter and I used to “race” to see who could brush the longest. And she wrote on the bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker with “winner” hash marks. She always beat me.
Have her lay on the floor with her head in your lap while you sit cross legged, and pretend to play dentist and brush.
We tell our 3yo there are dragons in her mouth that will eat her teeth and that you have to brush to keep them from eating your teeth. She thinks it’s funny when we “chase” her dragons with the toothbrush!

5. SCARE HER
I’m mean. I tell them if they don’t brush, the dentist will have to use a drill like Daddy uses to build, in their mouths to fix their teeth. Oh, and they will need a shot. Cruel? A little Effective? Yes.

6. GET HELP FROM PROPS
Disney and Oral-B have this awesome app out. Well, the *concept* is awesome, but the app itself is horrible. You make profiles of your kids, then you scan your Oral-B products. It shows a little picture for 2 minutes while a toothbrush brushes the bubbles off of it to reveal what the picture is. Then the kids get a sticker after the brush. The app is so awful, it crashes all the time, doesn’t open, etc. So why am I recommending it to you? The 3-5 times it did actually open was enough for my son to get over his INSANE fear of tooth brushing. He would scream and scream and cry while it took both my husband and I to get him to open his mouth so we could shove the stupid toothbrush in. After the app, he now brushes (mostly) willingly and without incident. So maybe it’ll work for you, maybe not, but if you can get that app to open and work, I’d give it a shot!

7. STOP STRESSING ABOUT IT
No one ever had to sit on a 10 yr old and brush her teeth for her. Well, not to my knowledge any way.






Image hébergée par servimg.com

Aucun commentaire: