Serieux, je saigne des yeux chaque fois que je vois des gens manger de la soupe en canne.
C'est tellement sale.. bout de viarge, pensez a vos arteres.
Je vous propose aujourd'hui une soupe rapide a cuisiner et delicieuse.
A manger avec un grilled cheese ;)
- Peel the carrots, onions and garlic, roughly chop them on a chopping board and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Trim, then finely slice the celery and add to the bowl.
- Place a large pot on a medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and all the chopped vegetables from the bowl.
- Stir well, then with the lid askew, cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the carrots have softened and the onion is lightly golden, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble the stock cubes into the pot, carefully top up with 1.8 litres of boiling water and stir to dissolve.
- Add the tinned and fresh whole tomatoes, including the green stalks that may still be attached to some of them (these give amazing flavour!).
- Turn the heat up to high and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, pop the lid back on and simmer for around 10 minutes, or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile…
- Pick the basil leaves, discarding the stalks.
- When the veg is cooked, carefully remove the pot to a heatproof surface and leave for a minute or two to stop bubbling, then stir through the basil leaves.
- Carefully blitz with a stick blender until smooth (use a tea towel to protect your hands from little splashes).
- Have a taste and add a tiny pinch of salt and pepper if you think it needs it, then carefully ladle the soup into bowls and serve.